The Credit Manager is the interface between ATR’s finance and commercial departments and his/her customer portfolio, for all customer credit related matters.
- Manages risk exposures by steering credit lines allocated for his/her customer portfolio; analyses customer credit risk borne by ATR and advises accordingly;
- Liaises actively and extensively with customers and commercial departments;
- Alerts, informs, and forewarns credit risk by adjusting payment terms as the context requires;
- Uses all means of recovery whether amicable, contractual, legal, communication (customer visits, conference calls…), and negotiation, so as to limit and reduce ATR’s financial risk exposure, whilst at the same time keeping customer satisfaction in mind.
The Credit Manager’s scope of work covers credit risk management in respect of aircraft sales, aircraft leases, and support sales.
- Customer Account Management:
Determine the credit risk of each customer in his/her portfolio by measuring solvency risk, by granting credit lines in accordance with agreed terms (amounts, payment maturity, wording,…) and its authority level to grant credit lines.
- Create and keep updated customer accounts in SAP software by recording granted financial terms (payment terms, applicable interest rate) with stringent control in the context of the E-Invoicing procedure
- Define and update approved customer credit lines.
- Follow and limit credit risk
- Negotiate payment terms with relevant departments for commercial proposals.
- Drive the locking and unlocking of customer orders.
Administrate bank guarantees issued for ATR’s benefit (Documentary Credit, Cash Deposits, Letters of Credit).
Consolidate and analyse financial data extracted from SAP for the circulation of daily and monthly credit management reports in coordination with subsidiary companies.
- Communication with customers:
- Produce and provide customer account statements on request or on a monthly basis, whichever is first to occur.
- Obtain customer financial statements, so as for the Financial Analysis Unit to estimate customer solvency and ATR’s credit risk. Credit lines to be determined accordingly.
- Use all means of communication to ensure on time payments from customers.
- Internal Communication:
- Inform on accounts receivable, credit risk, disputes, and on-going negotiations for debt recovery.
- Align all parties with the objective of reducing outstanding customer debt whilst protecting ATR’s financial and economic interest.
- Take part in commercial and contractual proposals by suggesting financial terms and conditions commensurate to customer solvency and credit rating.
- Report bad payers to his/her immediate reporting line so as to launch action plans and/or debt recovery procedures in conjunction with relevant departments in the light of credit committee decisions.
- Debt Recovery:
- Oversee customer payments, credit memoranda application, keep track and approve their allocation as per invoice, and as per customer instructions.
- Amicably and pre-contentiously chase up customer outstanding and due debt, by using all means available (telephone, e-mail, post, visit to customers) so that agreed financial terms are complied with;
- Invoice late interest payments;
- Launch, and follow-up, the application of restrictive “cash on delivery” (advance payments).
- Make calls under guarantees and follow-up.
- Negotiate and put in place debt rescheduling payments with the customer and ensure debt recovery.
- Prepare claims for submission to ATR’s credit insurers or external recovery providers.
- Customer Invoicing Litigation Management: Collect and analyse customer disputes (invoicing, pricing, logistics, defective equipment, etc.), forward them to the appropriate technical and commercial services, arrange meetings to follow up on the resolution and/or response to the customer.
key skills / key personal attributes / experience required:
Educated to a Master degree level in Finance, Economy, Foreign languages
At least 3 years of experience
Technical skills: Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Financial analysis
Relationship skills: Ability to work as a team and unite other teams towards a common goal, ability to negotiate (in French, English, and others), ability to communicate with customers and managers from different cultures, rigorous.
Language skills: English (Negotiate level), Spanish or another language would be a plus
Knowledge of MS Office, SAP, advanced Excel
Business trip to anticipate
ATR is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.